Saturday, February 04, 2006

Kaustubha Vaatika

.
.
.
.
Upon a branch two parakeets lustily grabbed the other's beak and brought their breasts together amidst flaps of wings. As I watched, the redness of their beaks deepened, reflecting the passion in their eyes and all I could do was recall the time when Radha and I sat near the Yamuna one warm noon. I had insisted on lying down on her lap and she hadn’t resisted. She never hesitated to give me what I asked of her. How could she be thus? Always giving and never asking me for anything? How could she be the love I am supposed to embody? And while I lay down on her lap soaking in her ever-present love I rolled my head such that my face sank into the upper recesses of her thigh. Then I realized the depth of her offering to me. Instinctively she covered me with her flowing upper garment and bent towards me. As I watched her face glow and blush, I knew love like I had never known it before. Ayana could never make her respond with the tenderness that our love stoked. Ayana could never make her nostrils flare with the passion of absolute love. Ayana could never make her close her eyes and bite her lower lip till it reddened with passion and the blood of all consuming love. Ayana could merely tend the cows and bring home some food like a good husband. Radha consumed me in her love and Ayana in her complete sense of duty. But I am God, and her love for me was inevitable.
.
.
.
.

1 Comments:

Blogger Φ said...

Brilliant piece.. :)

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home